Tennis

I have been playing tennis for 9 years. I started playing with my best friend at a young age. We would take private lessons and work on forehands, backhands, volleys, overheads, and more. We would also take clinics and play fun games with other kids our age. When you are little you start playing with tennis balls with a red dot on them. These tennis balls travel slower and are larger and easier to hit. As you become better you upgrade to an orange ball, then green dot, and then the regular yellow tennis ball which I am playing with now. There are different types of tennis rackets you can use that all help with your shots in different ways. You can choose between a heavier (which helps with control) or lighter racket (which helps with power), you could choose a heavier head size (which helps you gain more power) or a lighter head size (which helps you with your control). There are so many types of rackets it won’t be hard to find one to your liking. 

When I was about 10 years old I started to do the 12 and under JTT (Junior Team Tennis) in my neighborhood. This was a fun experience that helped us with our skill and along with that we met new people and had fun playing singles and doubles against different teams. This year I am starting the 14 and under JTT. Another thing that helped me get better was UNC tennis camp. This camp lasts the whole day. You can choose if you want to do one week or more. This summer I am going for 3 weeks. I loved this camp because we got to Practice all of our shots, Play matches, and get coached by the players on the women’s and men’s UNC team. I definitely recommend trying out tennis!